- About Kids Corp
- For Kids
- Parents & Teachers
- Media Center
If You're Visiting Kids Camp...
At Kids Camp, no matter what time of year you visit, we want you to learn a lot and have a great time! So bring an open mind and a great attitude! Be prepared to go hiking through the woods, across fields, and alongside ponds and streams. Get ready to see deer, birds, foxes, wild turkeys and our horse, Rosie! You are going to learn about how beautiful and fragile nature is, and how we all have to work together to enjoy and protect the Earth.
The Things You Will Do
- Hike through the forest
- Learn about teamwork
- See fish in the pond
- Feed our camp horse, Rosie
- Eat breakfast, lunch and snack
- Help your classmates over a climbing wall
- Visit the nurse for a health checkup
- Meet our camp dog, Orion
- Learn about preventing pollution
- Discover healthy food and life choices
- Swim in the pool in the summer
- See mammals and reptiles up close
What To Bring
- Bathing suit and towel in the summer
- Warm coat and extra socks in the winter
- Notebook and pencil to take notes
- Water Bottle
- Sneakers or strong shoes
- Sun screen and bug spray
What NOT to Bring
- Any kind of food or candy
- Any drink except water
- Any toys, sports, etc.
- Any electronics: cell phones, video games, cameras, etc.
- Fancy clothes
After you visit, please write us a letter or a poem, or draw us a picture, to let us know what you liked about your trip! And check back on the previous page to learn more about the environment, how to stay healthy and how to achieve your dreams!